How to do it?
- Stand in samasthithi. ( i.e ) Keep the legs together, hands by the side of the body, Spine kept straight).
- Open the eyes and fix your attention at one point in front.
- Ensure that big toes touch each other.
- While inhaling, raise both hands parallel to ears and raise heels as high as you can.
- Press toes firmly to the ground.
- Tighten the calf muscles, knees, thighs and hips.
- Tighten the pelvic region.
- Tighten the stomach by pulling stomach inside.
- Expand the chest.
- Raise arms & straighten firmly above shoulder.
- Tightly hold the palms together
- Breathe in and breathe out slowly for 10 times.
- Exhale and bring hands & heels down.
- Relax all the body parts from top to bottom one by one.
- Come back to samasthithi and relax.
- Balances minds and body.
- Improves memory power, concentration and increases the awareness .
- Increases enthusiasm and energy, removes lethargy.
- Spinal disc space increases and prevents shrinking of spinal cord due to ageing.
- Improves flexibility and strength particularly of the spines.
- Strengthen arms and legs, relieves sciatica pain
- Good for body fitness and reduce extra fat.
- This asana increase height of the growing children.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Cures indigestion.
- Good for pregnant women.
Leave a Reply